Free hosting on Netlify
Note if you have any dyanmic pages (eg. are using php) then you will need to use an alternative for hosting.
Information on Netlify may be found here.
To host a website on Netlify you will first need to upload your website to a respository on BitBucket, GitHub or GitLab.
By far the easiest way to host a website on BitBucket, GitHub or GitLab is to import or fork an existing site repository from BitBucket, GitHub, GitLab or any other code sharing platform. See here for a variety of templates you can use to make websites.
Once you have a website on BitBucket, GitHub or GitLab you can host it on Netlify by following these steps:
- Singup for Netlify using either BitBucket, GitHub, GitLab or email;
- Login to Netlify using either BitBucket, GitHub, GitLab or email;
- Click on
New site from Git;
- Choose which Git provider you want to use (BitBucket, GitHub or Gitlab);
- Select the repository containing your website;
- Select the branch containing the website (typically master), leave the build command blank and enter the directory containing the website (typically left blank for BitBucket and GitHub, and
- Click deploy site.
If you go in to